CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Kuala Terengganu - Pulau Redang

This is an old trip for last year, August 15th 2009. ^^

This trip is taken on a compact camera, naturally not as good as a 550 Alpha DSLR, but it was ok.

I was actually afraid of accidentally sacrificing my DSLR to the sea.

This trip was RM400 per person for a 3Day 2Night stay, including transportation & food (including 1 Seaside BBQ meal). I thought it was not bad.

RM300 for the room, RM80 for bus tickets(To and fro) and RM20 for Van ride to the jetty, plus a boat ride. I thought it was not bad.

Left Kuala Lumpur by night ride on the 10pm bus from Putra Bus Station on. It was my birthday! But due to rushing of time, celebrated in MacDonalds.

Reached at 5am in the morning.

My aunt in Terengganu kindly picked us up and brought us to her house to freshen up after the long night ride.

Pulau Redang Trip 2009

Went back to the bus station at 6.30 to take a ride on a van sent by the Resort to drive us to the jetty.

We did not go straight to the jetty but hung out at Kampung Cina for til 8, so had breakfast there.

And bought half a kg or DUKU~~!! My fav.

It was a 30 minutes drive to Merang Jetty, where we got there at about 9. Waited for another half an hour til the boat came to pick us up.

It was a nice jetty, manage to take some nice photos.

The boat was acceptable too. Not as luxurious as the Laguna Redang Resort boat, but it was comfortable & safe.

Reached the island at last. The resort had its own cove, and a private beach at the back! It is nice. It provided free Breakfast, Lunch,Tea & Dinner, so I did not need to bring any food. The buffet style meals are quite well prepared & has a large variety!

Pulau Redang Trip 2009

The rooms are nice too.

It is simple with all the necessary necessities, aircon, water heater, nice bed, private toilet. It is not a 5 star hotel, but it was good.

Pulau Redang Trip 2009

Pulau Redang Trip 2009

We could have our meals overlooking the water on a deck above the water.. it was wonderful to just sit there in the morning and wait for the sunrise! It was really a nice place.

I liked that it wasn't too "happening" either, though it had its own karaoke at night for a while. But I guess if you want more night life instead of relaxation, Laguna Redang Resort would be the place to be. It had a beach side dancing party till wee hours of the morning with bon fires, loud music and everything. I could hear it from my room, but luckily it was not loud enough to disturb my sleep.

Pulau Redang Trip 2009

The package even included 3 free snorkeling trips (excluding snorkeling mask & jacket - additional RM10) However, the snorkeling was not as good as I remembered it.. The corals was indeed dying. Brown and lifeless the sea as become. But not the fishes though! The fishes scared me! Just put a bread in front of you and you won't be able to see your hands! The fishes were scary!

Pulau Redang Trip 2009

I think the best snorkeling spot was actually right in front of our resort. I understood then why it was called Redang Reef Resort. It had a beautiful coral reef right in front of it! Much more colorful than the snorkeling spots we were brought to.

Pulau Redang Trip 2009

I played in the water, on the sand, by the rocks, on the rocks whole day! It was awesome! I had a sunburn after that, ON MY SCALP!

Below is the photo of the Laguna Redang Resort. It looks impressive, it is right beside our resort, over a small hill, there was not beach to walk directly there, so a bridge is built to enable people to walk to that part of the beach.

Pulau Redang Trip 2009

Pulau Redang Trip 2009

Pulau Redang Trip 2009

Saw some wildlife other than fishes, too. This was a funny monkey..

Poor thing was tied up, but it was friendly enough to allow tourist to carry it & take photos.

Pulau Redang Trip 2009

View from The Redang Reef Resort, walking across the bridge towards Laguna Redang Resort.

Pulau Redang Trip 2009

These were some interesting doodles drawn by the divers.

Pulau Redang Trip 2009

A map of snorkeling & diving sites is shown at the lobby of the Resort.

Pulau Redang Trip 2009

I did manage to capture some photos of the sunrise, but it just did not seem nice enough(the red hue contrast did not come out - everything looked dark & dull). Photoshop could not save it. Probably my setting problem.

I guess I know to take a proper camera for these kind of trip next time.

Got back to Terengganu early in the morning, and the bus ride back was at night. So I decided to visit my grandparents.

Introduced them to my boyfriend. My grandmother was happy :)

__________________________________________________________

FYI.
Photos in this blog was taken on a Sony Cybershot DSC 750
Photo was edited in Photoshop CS3

Photoshop classes provided by WebWeaver Learning Centre
Resolution of the photos are at 300 pixels X 200 pixels for easy loading.
__________________________________________________________
Please respect that this blog is written on my own opinion
and any rude comments WILL NEVER see the light of day, here.
You may post it on your own space if you absolutely need to.

0 comments: